Parent Workshop For Berkeley Turkish School parents, caregivers and teachers
People Safety skills help all of us be safe with people at home, at school, online, out in the world... everywhere. They also help strengthen important relationships. Learn ways to help young people learn and use age-appropriate People Safety skills on an everyday basis to have safer, more positive experiences with people, including strangers, siblings, peers, and other people they know.
This workshop is open to all Berkeley Turkish School parents and teachers. You are welcome to invite your friends, and register them under your name. During the workshop, we’ll practice how to help kids:
- Be and act aware and confident
- Check with adults if anything seems unsafe
- Move away from possible problems
- Follow Stranger Safety rules
- Stay safe from hurtful words
- Use voice as a safety tool
- Set clear boundaries
- Say “No” or “Stop” clearly and respectfully
- Deal with other kids poking, pushing, grabbing, etc.
- Use safety plans if lost in a store, park, or library
- Get help from busy adults - and persist!
This tailored workshop is a service of KIDPOWER the nonprofit leader in “People Safety” skills education for all ages & abilities.
WORKSHOP FEE: Sliding scale $25-$35 per participant.
BTS is organizing this event for the benefit of our community. The overall workshop fee BTS will pay KidPower is $850 dollars. We highly encourage you to invite your friends who have children to attend this important workshop.
To learn more about this workshop or to sign up, please contact email@example.com
Please contact Kidpower at (800) 467-6997 ext. 1# with any questions about the class content, our public workshops or materials, or to talk about arranging a workshop for a group of any age.