Join us in celebrating the 95th anniversary of the Turkish Republic at the is fantastic Gala
We have been working together with our extended community for an exciting and meaningful event this coming fall. Please join us on October 20th in celebrating the 95th Anniversary of the Turkish Republic at the Republic Gala Dinner. The Berkeley Turkish School Folk Dance Group is also honored to be dancing at this festive program. The host of this fantastic venue is the Turkish American Association of California (TAAC), a 501 (c) (3) organization and we have been collaborating with them to liven up their local chapters.
We hope that you join us in celebrating our homeland's 95th birthday by attending this event. Below are the details:
- The Location: Four Seasons Hotel in Palo Alto
- Dinner: The three course dinner will have chicken and fish options. Please indicate your choice when you are placing your order
- Program: Live music by Alaturca Connection and Mert Ozel, folk dance by Berkeley Turkish School Dance Group.
- ChildCare: Onsite childcare is available for $5/child/hour
- Early bird - TAAC members: $75, non-members $90. Fees apply
- After Oct 1 - TAAC members: $90, non-members $105. Fees apply
- Group discounts and table reservations will be available for 10+
- Checks are accepted. You can make your checks out to TAAC and mail them to the address: PO Box 404, Monterey CA 93942
- Becoming a member to TAAC: As you know organizing community events such as these are volunteer intensive efforts. If you go to TAACA.ORG and be a member in order to support our community events such as these, you will also be taking advantage of future discounts.
- Three course dinner with chicken and fish options. Please indicate your choice in your order.
- Live music by Alaturca Connection and Mert Ozel, folk dance by Berkeley Turkish School Dance Group and Monterey Youth Folk Dance Group.
- Onsite childcare available for $20 flat rate which includes snacks and drinks
- Children 12 and under $45 (Please pick one of these entree options and indicate it in your order: 1- Hamburger or cheeseburger 2- Chicken fingers and French fries)
- Group discounts for 10+
6pm Arrival and Reception
7pm Welcome/National Anthems
7:15 Keynote address
7:30 BTS Folk Dancers – Harmandali
7:35 Mert Ozel
8:00 Monterey Youth Folk Dancers
8:00 Alaturca Connection
9:15 BTS folk dance - Artvin
9:30 Monterey Bay Turkish Choir
9:45 Alaturca Connection
10:45 Mert Ozel & Dance Party!..