PROGRAM COORDINATOR- Fall 2018-Spring 2019
Berkeley Turkish School 501(c)(3) is looking for an energetic volunteer coordinator who is interested in supporting our mission and making a difference in our community. We are looking to interview parties with experience in coordinating volunteers who also has what it takes to run the administrative side of it. The program coordinator reports to the President. We will discuss compensation during the interview.
Qualifications & experience:
- Experience working with the public and ability to project a positive image of the school and its events
- Experience working with volunteer organization/s
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including staff, participants, volunteers, donors, and the general public.
- Be fluent in English and Turkish written and spoken language
- Have experience with volunteer organizations
- Have clean background check with finger printing
- Sensitivity to cultural and personal differences in age, ethnicity, and lifestyle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – be good over email and even better over the phone!
- Be comfortable using Microsoft Office, Google Docs and preferably:
- Adobe Suite (InDesign/ Photoshop), Excell Spreadsheets & Gmail
- Be comfortable lifting equipment up to about 20lbs in event set-ups
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Be present at the school from 9:45AM to 12:00PM on Sundays when school is in session
- Help coordinate the school’s ongoing activities and curriculum (email communications/scheduling meetings/filing etc.)
- Attend committee meetings as needed
- Have a computer/lap top to perform these duties.
- Compile and enter notes on team involvement into databases and reports as needed.
- During Registration Time (beginning of Fall and Spring semesters)
- Enter Student information into Class rosters
- Maintain class lists
- Help order class supplies
- Maintain & update Website information on Squarespace.
During Fundraising Time:
Assist in tracking pre- and post-event team donations and correspondence
If you are interested please email to BerkeleyTurkishSchool@gmail.com your resume with PROGRAM COORDINATOR in the subject line and a brief CV about why you are a good fit for this position.
TEACHERS FOR Pre K- 5th Grade- Fall 2018-Spring 2019
We are always looking for great teachers to join our team. If you are interested, you live in the Bay Area, have working visa status, and your professional experience fits the description outlined below, please email us your CV with the subject title: "Teacher Application" to BerkeleyTurkishSchool@gmail.com
BTS Teachers are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the development of a standards-aligned curriculum, execution of engaging and focused lessons on measurable outcomes, and the support of all scholars in meeting behavioral and cultural expectations. BTS Teachers are held accountable by the President & Vice President of School and Director of Curriculum and Instruction for their performance and growth, student achievement, and quality of curriculum.
Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum of one year working in urban elementary education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
Excellent verbal and written skills both in English and in Turkish
Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
Strong organizational skills.
Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
Must be Bilingual (English/Turkish)
Embody mission and vision of the Berkeley Turkish School.
Create mission-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, unit plans, and lesson plans.
Develop weekly, interim and end of year assessments as needed.
Develop and implement creative and standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with end goal of scholar performance at or above grade level expectations.
Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group and individual settings.
Provide academic support and tutoring to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled.
Analyze student achievement data and action plan accordingly in collaboration with staff and leadership.
Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars and families.
Draft scholar report cards and revise as required.
Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
OKUL ÖNCESİ İLK OKUL ÖĞRETMENLERİ
BTS Ekibimize katılmak isteyen kaliteli ve duyarlı öğretmenler arıyoruz. İlgileniyorsanız ve Bay Area'da yaşıyorsanız, çalışma vizeniz varsa ve mesleki deneyiminiz aşağıdaki şartlara uygunsa, özgeçmişinizi BerkeleyTurkishSchool@gmail.com adresine "Öğretmen Başvurusu" başlıklı bir e-posta ile göndermenizi rica ederiz.
BTS öğretmenleri, standartlara uygun bir müfredat geliştirilmesi, ölçülebilir sonuçlarla
ilgi çekici dersler yürütülmesi ve davranış bilimsel ve kültürel beklentilerin karşılanması
konusunda uzmanlrın desteğiyle okulun misyonunu geliştirme görevini üstlenir.
BTS öğretmenleri; kendi performans ve gelişimi, öğrenci başarısı ve müfredat kalitesi
açısından okul başkanı, başkan vekili ile müfredat ve eğitim-öğretim müdürü tarafından
Okulumuzun misyon ve vizyonuna bağlı ve uyumlu olmak
En az bir lisans derecesi
Okul öncesi eğitim veya ilköğretimde öğrenci performansında ve / veya
büyümesinde önemli kazanım öyküsü olan en az bir yıl çalışma tecrübesi
İki dilde (İngilizce ve Türkçe) sözlü ve yazılı iletişim becerisi
Veri analizi yapıp bulguları, kararlar ve talimatları yönlendirmek için kullanabilme
Güçlü organizasyon becerisi
Geri bildirime açıklık, profesyonel olarak gelişmeye devam etme hevesi ve eğitsel
sonuçlar ve başarı için sorumluluk alma isteği
Berkeley Turkish School'un misyon ve vizyonunun temsilcisi olmak
Kapsam ve program, birim planları ve ders planları da dahil olmak üzere misyona uygun müfredat oluşturmak
Haftalık, dönemlik ve yıl sonu değerlendirmeleri yapmak
Sınıf düzeyindeki beklentilerin daha üstünde bir akademik başarı hedefleyen yaratıcı ve standartlara uygun ders planları geliştirip uygulamak
Okul genelindeki sistemleri, kuralları ve sonuçları öğretmek; disiplin kurallarını ve ödülleri istisnasız uygulamak
Bireysel düzeyde ve grup düzeyinde ilgi çekici, motive edici ve titiz talimatlar vermek
Küçük gruplara veya bireysel öğrencilere ihtiyaç duyulduğu / planlandığı gibi akademik destek vermek
Personel ve yöneticiler ile işbirliği içinde öğrenci başarı verilerini ve eylem planını analiz etmek
Öğrenci ve ailelerle düzenli ve proaktif bir şekilde iletişim kurmak
Öğrencilerin rapor kartlarını hazırlayıp gözden geçirmek
Okulun diğer personeliyle birlikte ekip olarak çalışıp tüm mesleki gelişim ve öğrenme fırsatlarına aktif bir şekilde katılmak
Öğretim uygulamalarında ve genel performansta üretken değişiklikler yapmak için geri bildirim zincirini oluşturmak
Verilen son başvuru tarihlerinden önce tüm idari şartları yerine getirmek
Akademik geziler, yoğun akademik destek oturumları gibi eğitim-öğretim yılı boyunca ihtiyaç duyulan etkinliklere katılmak.
We are always looking for tutors who have teaching experience in a preschool through elementary school environment. Separate from the above, we are also looking for tutors who teach Turkish lessons for adults. We get requests about this so we are in the process of creating a database.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in teaching and/or volunteering at our school please email your resume and references with the subject title "Tutor" to: BerkeleyTurkishSchool@gmail.com
We would love to meet you to speak about future needs, as our school is growing.
All teacher applicants must have legal status to work in the US.
TEACHER AIDS FOR BERKELEY TURKISH SCHOOL-Fall 2018-Spring 2019
We are looking for the 2018 Fall - Spring 2019 semester teacher aids who will commit to our school's schedule to volunteer their time to help our classroom teachers with the following:
- Check in with the main teacher earlier in the week to make sure you understand what topics and what materials will be covered.
- Arrive to classroom 15 minutes prior to class to help set up the class box.
- Be ready to greet the children by the classroom door as they walk in.
- Assist parents in signing in their childrenand signing out when they pickup
- Be our school's librarian: Sign in and sign out the books every weekend
- Watch the class door and make sure no child leaves the classroom without a parent signing them out.
- Return & help teachers tidy the classroom to original state.
- Our school is held only on Sundays. Please check our calendar for the dates we request our teacher aids to be present.
We would prefer bilingual candidates who can speak English and Turkish. If you have previous experience with children and early education, it is a plus- please let us know.
Compensation for this position is a stipend of $500 per semester. If you would like to be a part of our community school, please email us your resume with the subject line Teacher Aid to: BerkeleyTurkishSchool@gmail.com
Candidates must have valid work permit to work in US for this position.